It is an infectious disease that affects the lungs and kill millions of people.
Here are few facts and figures about Tuberculosis (TB) which we should know-
- Around 10 million people get sick with TB ad 3 million are missed by health.
- One of the major reasons for death in women in rural India.
- Cough, Fever, night sweats, weight loss, weakness, pale faces are the symptoms of TB.
- It can be caused by bacteria that are spread through air from one person to another.
- It can affect all the age groups across the world.
- If there is no proper treatment; it can be spread to other parts of the body through the blood stream.
- It can distort waste filtration and leads to blood along with urine.
- Heart’s ability to pump blood will be reduced and thus results in a cardiac arrest.
- It is caused by bacteria; Mycobacterium Tuberculosis.
- It usually is a contagious infection which attacks the lungs and is spread to other parts of the body like brain and spines.
- Antibiotics are available to get it cured.
- There are 2 forms of TB-
- Latent- Immune system stops them from spreading
- Active- germs can multiply and can make you sick
- Definitely see your doctor if you have high fever, unexplained weight loss, drenching night sweats or a persistent cough.
- Major reason for this disease is lack of medical care, excessive use of alcohol and IV drugs and tobacco.
- Join Government of India in the Anti-TB campaign!!
2 thoughts on “Tuberculosis”
Pretty great post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I’ve truly loved surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing on your rss feed and I’m hoping you write once more soon!
Stay tuned for more such writings!!