Flood is a disaster wherein the water level will rise more than its normal level.
We should take care of health in case of flood. Here are few health measures we should take during flood
- We should ensure to have safe and clean drinking water.
- We should use proper vaccination so that major health disasters should not outbreak.
- Use appropriate protective clothes, rubber shoes and gloves.
- In case of any cuts or abrasion on the body parts, use proper antiseptic and dressings.
- Rapid and appropriate precautionary vector-control measures should be taken to prevent vector borne diseases.
- Always have a torch and other lights to prevent you from water-borne animals like snakes and reptiles.
- Ensure safe food preparation technique and boiling or chlorinated water.
- Increase awareness about early diagnosis and communicable diseases.
- Stay cool and drink plenty of fluids to prevent illness.
- Do not use generators, pressure washers, grills, camp stoves and other CO burning devices.
- Keep your surroundings clean.
- Always listen and follow public announcements of local authorities.
- Use proper sanitizers and phenols and disinfectants.
- Wear clothes that cover maximum surface area of the body.
- Wash off your face so that skin should glow better.