Things to do in Amravati
Amravati is the second most crowded cities of Vidharbh region after Nagpur.
It is one among the attractive destinations of the Vidharbh.
If you are planning a trip to Amravati, here are the top things you should enjoy there.
- Ambadevi Temple
- located in the center of the city
- believed that Rukmini’s daughter visited this temple a day before marrying Shisupal
- devoted to Shree Ambadevi, the temple is a center of attraction during Dussehra
- Melghat Tiger Reserve
- one of the nine Tiger reserves and lies in the Satpura ranges of Vidharbh region
- has dry deciduous forests with 41 species of mammals, 250 species of birds, 24 species of fish and 160 species of reptiles and snakes
- also has 90 species of trees, 66 species of shrubs, 320 of herbs, 56 species of climbers, 23 sedge species and 99 grass species
- you can also spot Gavilgarh Fort from here.
- Shri Sankat Mochan Hanuman Mandir
- a biggest attraction sanctum dedicated to lord Hanuman
- Chikhaldara Wildlife Sanctuary
- also known as Wan Wildlife Sanctuary
- situated in Melghat area
- has tropical dry deciduous forests with rich bio-diversity of flora and fauna
- you can find wild boar, panther, sloth bear and sambar here
- Devi Point
- excellent tourist point
- forts over the hills are amazing over this place