Things to do in Chandigarh
Chandigarh, the capital of Punjab and Haryana is also a Union Territory in itself. It has been designed by the Swiss-French modernist architecture Le Corbusier.
One of the most well-planned and unparalleled architecture, Chandigarh is quite beautiful in itself.
Here are top things you can enjoy if you are Chandigarh
- Ride around Sukhna Lake
- located on the foothills of Himalaya in the Shivalik ranges, this reservoir is one of the most visited tourist spot
- recently the mini cruise ship has been started to take guests around the waters for the scenery.
- Visit to the Rock Garden of Chandigarh
- also known as Nek Chand’s Rock Garden
- a sculpture garden that was started as hobby by the government officials
- now a wonderful city sight
- has over 2000 sculptures created out of junks
- Elante Mall shopping
- the second largest shopping mall in North India
- represents modern day India with its industrial exterior and contemporary interior
- covers over 20 acres in area and has four floors
- has several brands to more bargain here
- Open Hand Monument
- this quick drive spot has been a sign of commemorate peace and prosperity
- symbol of saying “ the hand to give and the hand to take; peace and prosperity and the unity of mankind”
- Tower of Shadow
- manipulates the rays of Sun and deals with light in fascinating ways