Jaggery is basically unrefined sugar and is a healthier alternative to sugar.
You must consume it during winters as it increases immunity and keeps your skin and hairs quality healthy.
It gives warmth to the body and dilates the blood vessels.
Here are few of the reasons why Jaggery is majorly recommended by our parents and grandparents during winters
- It dilates the blood vessels and maintains the blood pressure level in the body.
- It stimulates the digestive enzymes and thus reduces acidity, bloating and gas.
- It satisfies your post meal cravings.
- It is rich in fiber and is known to work as a mild laxative and thus prevents constipations.
- It is rich in zinc and selenium and detoxifies your liver and purifies your blood.
- It helps in fighting up with cold, cough and flu.
- It helps in detoxifying lungs and thus benefits asthma, bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Since it has Iron, Selenium, zinc, magnesium and phosphorus; it is a great immunity booster.
- It is helpful for pregnant women as it has highest iron content.
- It helps to reduce joint pains.
- It helps women who are going through painful PMS.