Situated on the southernmost tip of the Balkan Peninsula, Greece is on the cross-roads of Europe, Asia and Africa.
Having the longest coastline on the Mediterranean Sea; Greece has large number of islands. It is also considered as the cradle of western civilization.
Here are few superb exciting places to enjoy in Greece-
- Acropolis Tour
- Athens; dominated by the skyline is Acropolis.
- Enjoy the famous status of Athena; Goddess of Athens which is made up of glittering marbles.
- Ancient architecture can marvel at the Doric columns and the spectacular temples.
- There are pathways across Acropolis which let you walk around and enjoy the highlights of monuments.
- Mount Olympus
- If you are a fan of Greek mythology; do not miss out this mountain.
- These are one of the most famous mountains in the world.
- It is known as the spot where Zeus sat on his throne as well as the palace wherein Hades ruled the underworld.
- Lake Plastira
- It is being blessed with a plethora of natural beauty.
- It is a manmade lake and are surrounded by oak and chestnuts trip.
- You can go on rafting, canoeing, horse ridden and many more.
- Samaria Gorge
- Stunning island of Crete ad a must visit destination for any nature lovers.
- You can go on long range of trekking around the gorge.
- Epidaurus Theatre
- A ceremonial space, which is dedicated to the famous God of medicine, Asclepius.
- It dates from the 4th century and you can still sit in the stone tiers and imagine watching a performance of age old.