Kuch din to gujariye Gujrat me!!
Gujarat being the western most state of India is mostly surrounded by Arabian Sea. It has a long coastline of 16000km.
The state encompasses major sites of Indus Valley Civilization such as Lothal, Dholavira.
If you are planning a trip to Gujarat; here are few things you should consider-
- Rani ki Vav, Patan
- This step well was built by Queen of Bhimdeva, Udayamati.
- Constructed to preserve ground water.
- Its walls are profusely ornamented with figurative motifs and showcase images of various Gods.
- Gir National Park, Junagadh
- One of the largest homes of Asiatic Lions, 300 avian species like great hroned own, crested serpent eagle and leopards.
- Along with that there are 29 species of reptiles, 33 mammals, 93 invertebrates, 96 trees and 448 flowering plants.
- Most special is its silk cotton trees with bright orange flowers.
- Dwarkadhish Temple
- One of the 4dhams and sapata Turis. It was once the kingdom of Lord Krishna.
- Now the five storey temple stands on 72 pillars which is magnificent according to the science of archeo-astronomy.
- Great Rann of Kutch
- A white desert; largest in the world
- Spanning over an area of 7505 sq. kms
- It looks like a diamond under the scorching sun and appears like an eerie under the blue dark night.
- Do enjoy camel safaris.
- Somnath Temple, Junagadh
- Primary shrine among 12 jyotirlings of Lord Shiva.
- One of the most expensive aartis (approximately 15lakhs) is carried out here.
- The shivling is believed to be “Swayambhu” or self-born.