Srinagar; the capital of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir is known for its natural environment, gardens, waterfronts and houseboats.
It always offers a plethora of scenic and experiential excursions.
Here are a list of things to see and do in Srinagar
- Sunset Shikara ride on Dal Lake
- it’s a no brainer
- Kitschy boats, bedecked with colourful carpets and rugs, welcomes the visitors of Kashmir
- enjoy the ride in the evening when the sky is still blue and the water spots the reflections of the surrounding mountains and plans and stick till the sunsets.
- you will be mesmerized with the scenic beauty of this lake.
- Pari Mahal
- a charming monument
- known as adobe of fairies in local parlance
- this multi-tiered monument and its grounds boast of a spectacular view of the valley
- entire Srinagar, its lakes and surrounding meadows are visible from this vantage points
- Tulips and Gardens
- Asia’s largest tulip garden are located here
- flowers are full bloomy only for a short time in the month of March and April
- enjoy it at Pencil Shalimar Bagh,Nishat Garden or Chasme Shahi Garden
- Hazratbal Shrine
- located by the shores of Dal lake, gives a peaceful beauty
- cover your head and wear something that covers your elbow and knees
- Agander in apple orchards
- you will enjoy the orchards in full bloom during july and august
- you can expect hundreds of trees laden with apples
- spend your languorous day under the Kashmiri sun here in this orchard