The sprawling city of Guwahati lies on the bank of river Bhramputra.
With its age-old temples the city is known for its electric ambiance and vibrant nightlife.
Here are top things to enjoy if you are in Guwahati.
- a waver’s town and is known as Manchester of East for its silk production
- has an awesome landscape along with its beautiful silk production
- Do not miss the Rass Mahotsav if you are here
- Kamakhya Temple
- one of the Shakti Peeths on the earth where you can find Goddess Kamakhaya; the goddess of desire in her vibrant avtara
- a centerpiece of tantric shaktism cult in the country
- you will find the goddess in her bleeding pose and is worshipped in the same manner
- Cruise on Bhramputra river
- a dreamy experience and one of the most enjoyable scene for couples
- do enjoy the candle lit dinner or alluring sunset here on the river
- Alfresco Grand is one of the most famous cruise line where you can enjoy lip-smacking food
- Umanand Temple
- a temple located on the Peacock Island amidst the Bhramputra river
- dedicated to Lord Shiva and is believed to be the place where he burnt Kamdeva
- you can visit the place via steam ride and you will get a chance to see the notorious Golden Langoors on your way to the temple
- Madan Kamdev
- known as The Khajuraho of Assam
- you can find sculptures of God of Love here
- an archaeological site where the temples are located on the top of hill amidst scenic beauty.