Mental Illness includes depression, anxiety disorders, schizophrenia, eating disorder, addiction behaviors. This affects your mood, thinking and behaviors.
A mental illness can make your life miserable and can cause severe problems if not handled with proper care.
Here are few symptoms and signs of mental illness-
- Feeling sad
- Excessive fear or worries or guilty
- Confused or reduced ability to concentrate
- Extreme mood swings
- Withdrawal from social life
- Tiredness, low energy, sleeping problems
- Excessive stress
- Addictive/alcohols or drugs
- Change in sex life
- Excessive anger, hostility or violence
- Suicidal thoughts
It is caused due to various genetic and environmental factors like-
It may affect you from your blood relatives
- Environmental Exposures before birth
Stress, inflammatory conditions, toxins, alcohol or drugs intake may cause mental problems.
- Brain Chemistry
When the neural networks are impaired and the nerves do not function as receptors leading to emotional disorders; you may face the problem of mental illness.
If you are suffering from these diseases; do follow these steps-
- Pay attention to the doctor’s or therapists warnings.
- Get routine medical care
- Seek help whenever needed
- Take good care of your body.