Yoga is not a religion; it is a way of living that aims towards a healthy mind in a healthy body. It has been derived from Sanskrit which means “to unite”.
Man is a physical, mental and spiritual being; Yoga helps to promote a balanced development of all the three. Yoga has its origin in India thousands of years ago and now the entire world is recognizing its impact. With increasing scientific research in Yoga, its therapeutic aspects are also getting explored.
Now the world has recognized Yoga as a medium to reduce stress and anxiety, improves automatic functions by triggering neuro hormonal mechanism by suppression. This global recognition of Yoga in the form of International Yoga Day testified India’s growing cultural influence.
Swami Vivekanand has also said “All the orthodox systems of Indian Philosophy have one goal in view, the liberation of the soul through perfection. The method is by Yoga.”
Here are few direct benefits that can be obtained from Yoga –
- It helps in decreasing stress and promotes relaxation.
- It relieves anxiety and emphasizes the importance of being present in the moment and finding a sense of peace.
- It reduces fat inflammation and improves heart and brain health.
- It gives you a better quality of life and helps you to fight depression and other cronic pains.
- It promotes sleep quality and makes the body flexible and balanced.
- Apart from providing direct benefits, Yoga gives mental peace and happiness.