An Indian Ocean island known for its beaches, lagoons and reefs; Mauritius is an excellent tourist destination.
You can enjoy river Gorges, rain forest and amazing wildlife here in Mauritius.
Here are few things you should not miss out if you are in Mauritius.
- Port Louis
- capital of Mauritius and is the largest city of the country
- you can enjoy the picturesque central market here with its locally grown vegetables, exotic food and local spices, crafts and souvenirs
- do enjoy the Port Louis Theatre here
- Deep sea fishing
- one of the famous things you should do in Mauritius
- many varieties of fishes like blue and black marlin, yellow tuna , barracuda and shark are famous
- Marlin World Cup id held off here every year which includes many fishing records like Mako Shark, Blue Shark, Bonito, white tuna and becune
- Cudan Waterfront
- meeting place for locals and lovers
- also has a great shopping center
- do enjoy street entertainers, a kiddyland, a wide array of food options and many unique shops
- you can enjoy many historical buildings like Blue Penny Museum, the Stamp Museum and the Mauritius Natural History Museum
- China Town
- you can enjoy many shops and restaurants with their unique culture and flavor here
- you can get pharmacies here that have old Chinese traditional remedies as well
- Ile Aux Aigrettes
- lies to the south of the island and is made up of many old calcareous coral reefs that are partially covered by sand and soil
- it is recognized internationally because of many plants found here
- it is a natural reserve and there are some world’s rarest birds here such as Kestrel and the pink pigeon
- other giants like Aldabra giant tortoise green Gecko Phelsuma can be spotted here.