Amarnath – one of the biggest Holy journeys for Hindus!! Every year people visit this place to get the blessings of Lord Shiva in the form of Icelingam. This year it will start from 1st July 2019 to 15th Aug. 2019.
Shri Amarnath ji Shrine Board is responsible to organize this yatra every year. There are two options for this yatra- by helicopter or by trekking.
There are two different routes if we are taking on the trekking path –
- Jammu – Srinagar – Sonamarg – Baltal – Sangam –Holy Cave
- Jammu – Patnitop – Pahalgam – Chandanwari – Sheshnag- Pissutop-Panchtarni – Sangam- Holy Cave
Here are few points to be considered while planning for your visit to this Holy cave.
- The age limit to visit is 13-75 years.
- Do remember to register yourself to Shri Amarnath ji Shrine Board in advance
- Prefer tour and travel packages so that your fooding and lodging can be arranged easily.
- Get a compulsory medical health certificate from the authorized doctors appointed by Shri Amarnathji Shrie board.
- Carry your id cards with you for your identity
- Carry enough toilet papers, soap napkins etc.as you need to use common toilets.
- Prefer to stay in a group.
- Must carry extra pair of shoes, socks, raincoats, winter clothes, few eatables
- Have your first aid medical kit with you for any emergency.
- Carry torch and candles.
- Be prepared to stay in tent
- Mobile networks do not work there. Sometimes BSNL works. You can carry BSNL sim card but do not rely on it only.
- Always pay heed to warning signs of falling rocks, avalanches.
- Carry enough money (preferably in cash) to pay for additional needs.
- Do not head towards dark forest alone.