India itself is truly a sub-continent in itself.
It is the only country wherein you can take a train ride of 15-16hrs to reach from one place to another but the time zones will be same. It will definitely be easy if I will segregate the northern part from South. The southern India is a kingdom in itself.
Scorching from the high Ghats to the beaches of Indian Ocean, Arabian Sea and Bay of Bengal; the entire south India will show you a typical vividness.
In case if you are planning for a trip to South India; here are few things you should know about:
- Culture and geographies will vary from one state to another. So if you are in Andhra and looking for Keralatic food, you are surely in a difficult situation.
- Each state has its own music and dance forms.
- Do not get surprised but English is more than enough to scale the place.
- The scorching heat of tropical region will shout at you from the beginning; “ Don’t bring white clothes”
- Learn to headshake properly if you are not fluent in English.
- Public transport is amazing!! Ahh yet chaotic.
- South India is known for its spices, tea and coffee and handlooms. So do not forget to get those.
- Beware when you ask for spicy food. The amount of spices being used there is another incident in it ‘s own.
- Trust me the food you get over there is truly amazing and health friendly. Do not get afraid of ordering food.
- Last but not the least; do google about the place you are visiting. You will find vast hotspot of Western Ghats to dry Vidharbh. J