Things you should know about Jammu and Kashmir
Jammu and Kashmir; the Paradise on the earth located in the Northern part of the Indian Subcontinent in the vicinity of the great Karakoram range. It is surrounded by two Indian states of Himachal Pradesh and Punjab in the south and Pakistan and China to its west, north and east. Many great rivers like the Indus drain this beautiful land of Jammu and Kashmir. The climate varies from Alpine in the North East to Subtropical in the South West.
Here are few secrets you should know about Jammu and Kashmir
- Jammu and Kashmir is the only Indian state that has its own flag and constitution.
- Indian government cannot directly impose any law to it as it has separate constitution of its own.
- You cannot purchase any property there if you do not belong to the state (you should have domicile of the state).
- Much of its land is disputed and has been captured by Pakistan and China since 1947.
- It has one of the greatest cold desert ( Leh and Ladhak) wherein Tibetan culture is most prevalent.
- The climate is best suited for horticulture and floriculture. Varieties of nuts and flowers are exported from the state to various parts of the world.
- It has one of the highest peak (Siachen) wherein Military base is established. Temperature drops to -31 degree Celsius
- It is famous for its small scaled cottage industries such as carpet weaving, silk, shawls, basketry, pottery, copper and silverware, papier-mâché and walnut woods.
- Tourism is an important industry and a major source of Income for the state. The state has major tourist attractions like Vaishno Devi, Dal Lake
- You must visit the Shikhara of the Dal lake over if you are in Jammu and Kashmir as it is one of its kind.
You will never find this anywhere in the world.