Cholesterol is of two types- good cholesterol and bad cholesterol. As we all know that excess of everything is bad. The same goes with Cholesterol as well.
It is very important to manage Cholesterol in our body to reduce the risk of heart diseases, strokes and chest pain.
We should avoid food high in saturated fat, trans fat, sodium and preservatives.
Here are some of the food items that helps you in managing the cholesterol level in your body.
- Omega-3 Fatty acids rich food
- It includes food items like walnut, fishes and flaxseeds.
- Fishes like Salmon, Mackerel, Tuna and Trout are rich in Omega-3 fatty acids.
- They reduce triglycerides(a type of fat found in blood)
- High Bran and High Fibers food
- Food like oats, beans, brussel sprouts, apple and pears and green veggies are rich in fibers. They help in reducing the low density lipoprotein cholesterol.
- They also helps in managing the constipation.
- Green Tea
- It is loaded with anti oxidants that helps in reduction of cholesterol level.
- Also helps in weight loss, brain functions and reduce the risk of diabetes.
- Solublizes fats present in the body.
- Oolong Tea
- Reduces the formation of bad cholesterol and its management
- Also helps in lowering the sugar level in the body.
- Reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Black Tea
- Acts as an anti oxidants
- Reduces the level of bad cholesterol formation in the body.
- Controls the blood sugar and blood pressure.
- Improves the gut health.